- the 1 in 4 who gets the Winter Blues?
- the 1 in 25 who gets clinical seasonal affective disorder – SAD?
- the 1 in 10 with non-seasonal depression?
- lack energy, suffer from poor concentration?
- gain weight and crave carbs?
- sleep too much – feel like you want to hibernate?
- lose interest in life and withdraw socially?
- suffer most during the short days of winter?
Bright light therapy – phototherapy:
- the shining of bright light into your eyes for 15-30 minutes/day
- quickly decreases brain melatonin – causing wakefulness, and
- increases brain serotonin – causing mood elevation
- is very effective for Winter Blues treatment, seasonal affective disorder – SAD, and other depressions
- has been first-line treatment for over 20 years
- helps you feel better without drugs
- few, if any, side effects – (too much light may be like too much caffeine)
- is very cost-effective – far less expensive than medication, even less expensive than coffee
- allows you to easily get your 15-30 minutes of bright light therapy each day
- provides 8-12,000 lux of blue-green light – the effective dose of the most effective and safest color
- in the most convenient way – it’s portable
- simply mount the Feel Bright Light on your hat visor
- go about your morning routine while you receive your bright light therapy – no more sitting in front of a light box for 30 minutes
- does not interrupt your normal daily routine
Fight Fatigue –with the Feel Bright Light!
Use bright light therapy with your Feel Bright Light to shift your body clock – circadian rhythm – to relieve:
- jet lag – move your body’s clock to your new time zone
- shift work fatigue – adjust your body’s clock to the awake/sleep schedule you need
- sleep phase insomnia – shift your body’s circadian rhythm so you are awake during the day and asleep at night
- for on-the-job or on-the-road alertness – within a half-hour of bright light therapy, most folks are wide awake for 3-6 hours
- before the big exam – be awake to study, and alert for the exam
- when being alert is mission-critical – for military or civilian jobs where being alert saves lives – Air traffic controllers and weapons systems controllers performed a multi-tasking test 70% better if they used bright light therapy at the start of their shifts
- Bright light therapy with the Feel Bright Light is better and cheaper than coffee – like caffeine without the jitters or pit-stops
Possible other medical uses for the Feel Bright Light:
- Alzheimers – “very exciting results” in a recent study – “Mom is now sleeping at night and is much happier.”
- research suggests bright light therapy may be useful in many seasonal or cyclical illnesses
- PMS, bulimia, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, ADD